Free Workshop: From over the fence
Thursday 16 August 2018
10:30am - 12:30pm
Room 203, Melbourne Convention Centre
From over the fence: What is the future role of vets in extensive livestock systems
Presented by Helen McGregor & Caitlin Pfeiffer
Submit your student volunteer application now!
The ASAV, SCGV and AVBIG 2018 Conference will be held in Melbourne, Victoria from Sunday 12 August – Friday 17 August 2018.
Themed The Abdomen and Beyond, this will be the premier Australian conference for companion animal, sheep, camelid, goat and animal behaviour practitioners in 2018.
For the first time, the 45th annual Australian Small Animal Veterinarians conference will bring together these three AVA groups.
ParaBoss Sheep Parasite Management Workshop
Friday 17 August 2018
7:30am - 3:00pm
Parkroyal, Melbourne Airport
- Scouring sheep: causes, diagnosis, management and treatment
- Effective sheep worm control while managing drench resistance
- Goat drenches
- Flystrike management, transition to no mulesing, breeding for resistance, the AskBill app.
- Lice Treatment Guide
Hands on Urinalysis Workshop
Friday 17 August 2018
9:00am - 12:45pm
Location National Veterinary Care
Max Capacity: 25
Hosted by Hills Pet Nutrition
Urinalysis should be a mandatory diagnostic tool used to evaluate a patient’s health. It provides valuable information on a patient’s clinical condition and is a great screening tool for chronic disease. A complete urine analysis includes specific gravity, physical and chemical properties, microscopic sediment examination with culture/ sensitivity testing. Unfortunately it is a much neglected facet in veterinary medicine.
Registration and pricing
Registration is now open.
All pricing is in Australian Dollars (AUD$) and includes 10% GST.
For registration enquiries, email email@example.com or call +61 2 9431 5056.
Please refer below for eligible member discount rates.
ASAV Awards provide an unparalleled opportunity to:
- Recognise success: Use the submission process to boost your team’s morale by focusing on what has gone well over the past year.
- Incentivise your staff: Nominate them for an individual award to recognise their personal and professional success.
- Analyse your business practices and understand what ‘worked’ to create the success that may form the basis of your nomination.
- Benchmark your performance against the professions best with the option for constructive feedback provided by the judges.
- Benefit from any media coverage generated by the Awards to boost your profile.
- Utilise the prestige and kudos of winning an award on your resume, your marketing and professional collateral to further boost your organisations credibility.
Australian Small Animal Veterinarians (ASAV) Innovation Research & Development Symposium
Sunday 12 August 2018
Room 110, Level 1
Melbourne Convention Centre
Please click here to view the current program of topics and speakers.
Following on from a successful launch at the AVA National Conference this year in May, ASAV will be hosting this event again. Veterinarians will share industry and university research and findings directly with ASAV members attending the annual ASAV conference.
FASAVA Congress 2017 photos
The FASAVA Congress 2017 photos are now available for viewing.
FASAVA Congress 2017 webinars
FASAVA Congress 2017 webinars are now available for viewing.
ASAV webinars are worth 1 Vet Ed point for participants.