Cancellations must be received in writing to the Conference Secretariat by Monday 1 July 2019.
Cancellations received prior to Monday 1 July 2019 will receive a full refund minus $150 administration fee.
Cancellations received from Tuesday 2 July 2019 will not be refunded. Substitute delegates will be accepted.
We are delighted to announce we will once again provide a complimentary Carer’s Pass for delegates attending all AVA conferences and events. This will give the Carer access to the conference, exhibition and sessions and allows parents/delegates nursing children to be provided with assistance. The pass does not include catering for carers.
There is no need to register online. Your Carer’s Pass can be collected at the registration desk upon arrival.
Please be aware there are no day care facilities onsite at the venue. The below company has been recommend by a local AVA Member if you are in need of child minding services.
International delegates who are a member of the following Associations can attend the Conference at AVA member rates.
A proof of membership may be asked for.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Australian Veterinary Association (AVA)
- Beijing Small Animal Veterinary Association (BJSAVA)
- British Veterinary Association (BVA)
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry (F4VD)
- Guangzhou Veterinary Association (GZVA)
- Hong Kong Veterinary Association (HKVA)
- Japanese Board of Veterinary Practitioners (JBVP)
- Korean Animal Hospital Association (KAHA)
- Malaysian Small Animal Veterinary Association (MSAVA)
- New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA)
- Pet Practitioners Association Mumbai (PPAM)
- Philippines Animal Hospitals Association (PAHA)
- Post Graduate Foundation - Veterinary Science Mahidol University (PGF-VSMU)
- Shanghai Small Animal Veterinary Association (SHSAVA)
- Singapore Veterinary Association (SVA)
- South African Veterinary Association (SAVA)
- Small Animal Practitioners of Sri Lanka (SAPAS)
- Taipei Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA)
- Tokyo Veterinary Medical Association (Tokyo VMA).
International delegates - letters of invitation and visas
All international visitors to Australia (other than New Zealand citizens) are legally required to hold a valid visa. Please visit the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection for more information at www.homeaffairs.gov.au/.
All international visitors to Australia (other than New Zealand citizens) are legally required to hold a valid visa. Please visit the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection for more information at www.homeaffairs.gov.au
Handbook Mobile App
Access this year’s app on any smartphone or tablet. Visit https://sadb2019.sched.com/ to access the app.
The Australian Veterinary Association Ltd (AVA) supports good privacy practice and aims to manage personal information in an open and transparent way. This policy sets out how the AVA aims to comply with the Privacy Act 1998 (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP's) which came into force on 12 March 2014. Please visit www.ava.com.au/privacy-policy to view the policy.
The AVA takes photos of this event, by attending you give permission to use images taken at the conference, as well as any written comments on our evaluation forms in advertising and promoting the AVA.
All speakers and sessions were confirmed and correct at the time of printing. The AVA reserve the right to amend the program details as required.
For program updates visit the Program page
The views and advice offered by speakers are their own views and may not represent those of the AVA.